- Bellevue College serves 14,010 students (49% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 39:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body.
- Bellevue College is one of 13 community colleges within King County, WA.
- The nearest community college is Lake Washington Technical College (8.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|361 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,010 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:39||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,870 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,140 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Bellevue Community College officially opened its doors on January 3, 1966, fulfilling the community's dream of a local, accessible institution of higher education. Lacking facilities of its own, the college held classes in the evening at Newport Senior High School. In the decades since, the college has grown to become the third largest institution of higher learning in the state, and has emerged as an educational leader, known nationally for its innovations.
- A two-year associate degree from BCC provides you with options—to transfer to a four-year university, learn a new career or pursue general studies. Certificate programs, which require less time to complete than an associate degree, help you acquire skills and experience in a variety of career areas in a shorter time period. BCC's flexible class options allow you to complete program requirements at convenient times that work for you. You may also choose to earn a degree or certificate completely online.
- Bellevue Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Redmond, Wash.), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Stance Wars 2012 Bellevue College
5 months ago
SCC Men's Basketball Vs Bellevue College, 1/25/12
10 months ago
Related School News:
- Closing the books on 2012 - Mercer Island Reporter
posted on December 26, 2012 at 09:02:59 pm
Closing the books on 2012Mercer Island ReporterSixty-five Islanders graduate with bachelor of arts degrees from the University of Washington, and 30 ...
- Bellevue College to offer 2 new bachelor's degrees
posted on December 6, 2012 at 11:19:00 pm
Bellevue College will begin offering two new bachelor's degree programs in fall of 2013 -- one in nursing, and the other in information ...
- Delegation from Spanish university visits Bellevue College - Bellevue Reporter
posted on November 30, 2012 at 01:08:51 am
Delegation from Spanish university visits Bellevue CollegeBellevue ReporterKevin McCarthy (left), dean of the Health Science, Education and Wellness Institute at ...
4646 students | 8.2 mi. away
2352 students | 9.6 mi. away
7067 students | 15.5 mi. away
9536 students | 18.1 mi. away
8418 students | 18.6 mi. away