- Northern Virginia Community College serves 48,671 students (36% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 43:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body.
- Northern Virginia Community College is one of 9 community colleges within Fairfax County, VA.
- The nearest community college is Maryland college of art and design (16.7 miles away).
Northern Virginia Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|1,120 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||48,671 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:43||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||17,584 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||31,087 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) was established in 1964 as Northern Virginia Technical College to serve the eighth planning district. A statewide technical college system was established with 23 regions under legislation enacted by the Virginia General Assembly.
- In 1966, the College bought 78 acres in Annandale, which became the first of five permanent campus sites. The first building was constructed there and opened in 1967. That same year 100-acre sites were purchased for campuses in Sterling, Manassas, and Woodbridge. In 1969, a campus site was purchased for Alexandria.
- NVCC offers a wide range of programs meeting standards for transfer to baccalaureate degree programs in 4 year colleges and universities. We also offer developmental courses to assist students in developing skills to insure their success at the college, and community service/continuing education courses which serve to meet personal development needs and the needs for business/industry training and retraining.
- The Annandale Campus offerings include a variety of support classes, programs, and continuing education courses for transfer preparation and workforce partnerships. In addition to the in-class course offerings, our faculty offer a wide range of formats such as: distance learning, evenings, weekend college, and compressed weekends.
Related School Videos:
Wafa Hamid, Northern Virginia Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Dulles South leaders talk transportation - Loudoun Times-Mirror
posted on January 10, 2013 at 03:16:26 pm
Dulles South leaders talk transportationLoudoun Times-MirrorThe DSA sat listening to updates from Supervisor Janet Clarke (R-Blue Ridge) and School Board ...
- Carter Greene promoted to Athens-Clarke assistant police chief - Online Athens
posted on January 10, 2013 at 08:36:43 am
Carter Greene promoted to Athens-Clarke assistant police chiefOnline AthensGreene, a native of Columbus, obtained an associate's degree in police science from ...
- 7/11/2012-Part-time Evening Librarian (Library Specialist II), Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia
posted on July 11, 2012 at 01:01:00 am
Part-time Evening ...
78 students | 16.7 mi. away
26013 students | 18.5 mi. away
14814 students | 22.5 mi. away
9034 students | 22.9 mi. away