- National College-Salem serves 4,502 students (67% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body.
- National College-Salem is the only community colleges within Salem County, VA.
- The nearest community college is Skyline College (Roanoke) (3.9 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|275 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,502 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:16||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,026 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,476 students||1,508 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||4,466 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||36 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, the college enrolls more than 6,500 students at its 19 campus locations in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana.
- As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to baccalaureate degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. The College is interested in each individual becoming proficient in the disciplines necessary for his and her success, with the training necessary to be self-sufficient and enterprising and with the background necessary to be constantly expanding his or her intellectual and cultural horizons.
- National College of Business & Technology first opened its doors in 1886 to provide Roanoke Valley citizens with training for business careers, and continues to build on its reputation among employers throughout Southwest Virginia. It is also the first National campus to offer a Masters course of study and the first to offer a Bachelors. The building is also the home of the College's main administrative offices.
- The Roanoke Valley Campus of National College of Business & Technology offers Master's Degree, Bachelor's Degrees, Associate's Degrees, Diploma Programs and Certification Programs.
- The Roanoke Valley Campus of National College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, and diplomas.