- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College serves 12,545 students (32% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College is one of 4 community colleges within Henrico County, VA.
- The nearest community college is Centura College (Richmond - 23235) (10.1 miles away).
J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|304 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,545 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:41||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,017 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,528 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College - Virginia's newest community college - was founded in 1972 to serve the capitol region in and around the city of Richmond. In just over 25 years, J. Sargeant Reynolds has grown into the third largest college in the Virginia Community College System, enrolling students at three major campuses, at 5 off-campus sites, and "virtually" through distance learning.
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College has three academic campuses - the Downtown Academic Campus, the Parham Road Academic Campus and the Western Academic Campus. The Parham Road Academic Campus, located one mile west of I-95 in Henrico County, offers college transfer programs in liberal arts, education, engineering, science, and computer science, as well as a broad range of occupational/technical programs in the areas of business, engineering, and public service.
- Students attend Reynolds for degrees that transfer to four-year universities and colleges in Virginia and elsewhere, degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates that prepare credit students for employment, credit courses for students who do not currently wish to complete an entire program - during the day, evening, on weekends, via distance learning and through dual enrollment and workforce development courses and services through the Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA).
- JSRCC's occupational/technical plans, designed to prepare students for employment as technicians, paraprofessionals and skilled craftsmen. In these two-year plans, you can earn an Associate of Applied Arts (AAA) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. For even quicker and more focused preparation for an occupation, you can complete a Certificate (C) plan in two or three semesters.
Related School Videos:
2 months ago
2 years ago
Final Game of Basketball class 2010
2 years ago
299 students | 10.1 mi. away
659 students | 10.3 mi. away
605 students | 10.9 mi. away
926 students | 12.6 mi. away
10564 students | 20.4 mi. away