- Fullerton College serves 22,497 students (39% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 49:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body.
- Fullerton College is one of 19 community colleges within Orange County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Cerritos College (10.3 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|461 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,497 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:49||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,868 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,629 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Fullerton College is a public, two-year community college governed by a Board of Trustees under the laws of the State of California. It was established in April, 1913, when the governing board of Fullerton Union High School approved a motion that a two-year postgraduate course be added to the curriculum. The new Junior College - for such it was called from the beginning - opened in September, 1913, with 26 students and a curriculum of 10 courses. In 1922 the college was reorganized as an independent junior college district. After holding classes on the Fullerton High School campus for its first 23 years, the college began moving to its own fourteen acre campus next door in 1936.
- Since offering its first classes in 1913, Fullerton College has grown to become one of the most successful community colleges in the nation. The foundation of Fullerton College's success is the uniquely talented and dedicated faculty, administrators and staff who share a commitment to high academic standards, comprehensive opportunities for students and individual attention to student needs.
- Fullerton College offers a comprehensive array of academic programs with 90 majors leading to the A.A. or A.S. degree in both academic and vocational subjects, as well as 68 programs leading to vocational certificates. Fullerton College also enjoys one of the highest transfer rates in the state sending graduates to the University of California, California State University campuses and other institutions of higher education.
- In addition to excellent programs and services, Fullerton College offers a truly collegiate environment. The college's 18,000 students enjoy numerous extracurricular activities in student government, the campus newspaper, championship intercollegiate athletics, performance groups in theatre and music, cultural groups and media production in radio and television broadcasting, to name a few.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Semper Fi: East Team Recruiting Notebook - BamaMag.com (subscription)
posted on January 1, 2013 at 12:55:40 am
BamaMag.com (subscription)Semper Fi: East Team Recruiting NotebookBamaMag.com (subscription)Practice began for the East squad Monday at Fullerton College, and FOXSportsNEXT was out in full force to get the latest on the ...
- Arabs advance to semifinals in own Holiday Classic - Imperial Valley Press
posted on December 29, 2012 at 08:34:44 am
Arabs advance to semifinals in own Holiday ClassicImperial Valley PressElsewhere in tournament play Friday, Fullerton College edged Pasadena City College, 76-73, ...
- Fullerton's mayor heads off to Sacramento
posted on November 29, 2012 at 01:09:00 am
Sharon Quirk-Silva Post: Assemblywoman Representing: 65th District (Fullerton, Buena Park, Stanton, Cypress, La Palma, West ...