- Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah serves 2,585 students (52% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body.
- Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah is the only community colleges within Carbon County, UT.
Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|95 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,585 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:27||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,355 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,230 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||19%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- College of Eastern Utah is a two year, state supported community college operated under the Utah State Board of Regents. It is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, by the Utah State Board of Education and is a member of the National Commission on Accrediting. Credits earned at the College of Eastern Utah are transferable to other institutions of higher learning in the United States.
- At Utah's youngest community college, numerous changes have occurred over the last 67 years. Since 1937 we have grown from Carbon College, with an enrollment of 146, to College of Eastern Utah, with an enrollment of over 3200 students. In the early years by an act of the Utah State legislature we were under the Utah State Board of Education. In 1959, the college became a branch of the University of Utah. In 1965 we became College of Eastern Utah, and four years later our relationship with the University of Utah was terminated. As a result of the 1969 Higher Education Act, we became a full-fledged member of the Utah State System of Higher Education.
- Our primary campuses are located in Price and Blanding, with a college center in Castle Dale. The Price campus has over 16 buildings. The campus settings are extraordinary. The opportunities for biking, hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities is unparalleled. Because of our setting, our faculty and students have a chance to participate in world-class archeological and paleontological excavations.
- The college offer academic programs that facilitate seamless transitions to four-year institutions as well as applied technology programs that provide certificates and degrees that lead to jobs. The college Offers more than 400 courses in 60 areas of study, Associate of Arts & Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, Certificates of Completion and Great transfer programs to four year colleges & universities.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School News:
- NIC clamps down on Eastern Utah - North Idaho College Sentinel
posted on January 20, 2013 at 02:10:27 am
NIC clamps down on Eastern UtahNorth Idaho College SentinelThe North Idaho College women's basketball team defeated the Utah State University-College of ...
- USU Eastern Announces Volleyball Coaches
posted on June 2, 2011 at 08:49:27 pm
Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah announced the appointment of Grant Barraclough and Chelsey ...
- USU Eastern announces commencement honors
posted on May 3, 2011 at 04:07:40 pm
Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah will celebrate its 75th commencement exercises Saturday at the ...