- Weatherford College serves 5,711 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Weatherford College is the only community colleges within Parker County, TX.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|192 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,711 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,827 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,884 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- On July 5, 1869, the cornerstone of Phoenix Masonic Lodge.s school was laid at the corner of South Main and Lee Streets in Weatherford. In 1921, Weatherford College was reorganized as a junior college, offering college courses leading to the Associate of Arts degree as well as several high school courses leading to a high school diploma. Enrollment dropped during World War II forcing, the college to accept a merger proposal submitted by Southwestern University of Georgetown, Texas. The name was changed once again to Weatherford College of Southwestern University. On April 30, 1949, Southwestern University dissolved the merger and asked Weatherford or Parker County to accept ownership. The Parker County Commissioners Court called a special election and by a vote margin of almost three to one, Weatherford College of the Parker County Junior College District was established. The college opened for its first session in September 1949. Increased enrollment and unsuccessful attempts to purchase additional property surrounding the college forced WC to purchase 90 acres as a site for a new campus in 1969. Construction began in 1967, and the new campus was opened in the fall of 1968.
- The main campus is located on approximately 90 acres in the southeastern portion of Weatherford, just north of Interstate 20. Rolling hills, native Texas foliage and beautiful trees decorate the campus, which has become a center of activity in the Parker County community.
- WC has a 130-year tradition of academic excellence, diversity of programs and personalized approach to education. You can choose from more than 35 study areas or train for a career in one of 19 professional/technical programs. There are more than 60 degree and certificate programs taught by many of the finest instructors in the state. You'll enjoy small, intimate classes led by highly qualified instructors. You'll meet students from around the area and abroad, and find collegiate sports, clubs, and activities to enjoy with them.
- Weatherford College of the Parker County Junior College District is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Weatherford College Memories
9 months ago
Miss Weatherford College 2011 Clarin Gniffke
1 year ago.
weatherford college cheer show off NCA 2011
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- MCC Notebook: Highlanders begin North play riding 10-game streak - Waco Tribune-Herald
posted on January 11, 2013 at 08:12:51 am
MCC Notebook: Highlanders begin North play riding 10-game streakWaco Tribune-HeraldBut with conference play set to begin Saturday at Weatherford College, the ...
- WC readies for conference slate - Weatherford Democrat
posted on January 10, 2013 at 02:17:34 pm
WC readies for conference slateWeatherford DemocratThe Weatherford College Lady Coyote basketball team is hoping to use its pre-conference success as ...
- Chaps blast Weatherford College in return to action - Midland Reporter-Telegram
posted on January 4, 2013 at 05:22:14 am
Chaps blast Weatherford College in return to actionMidland Reporter-TelegramAnd that was certainly the case Thursday night at Chaparral Center as the Midland College ...