- Victoria College serves 4,323 students (40% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Victoria College is the only community colleges within Victoria County, TX.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|143 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,323 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,722 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,601 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The Victoria Junior College was established as a part of the Victoria school system on February 4, 1925. During the first session of operation classes were conducted on the third floor of the Patti Welder High School while a new building was being constructed to house the college. This building, which joined the Patti Welder Junior High school, served as the college home until the end of the 1948-49 session.
- VC provides high-quality, yet affordable, education throughout our seven-county service area. Since 1925, The Victoria College has prepared students for continued university education, trained students in allied health and technical careers, and worked through adult education courses to provide enrichment, literacy and workforce skills development. All of these programs are presented to a culturally diverse, multi-generational student population.
- The College will use the traditional classroom and distance education technologies to provide the following credit and non-credit educational programs. The college offers University Transfer Programs, Workforce Education Programs, Developmental Education Programs, Continuing Education Programs and Adult Education Programs.
- The college offers Associate of Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate of Science Degree (A.S.), Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Suggested Academic Transfer Degrees (A.T.).
Related School Videos:
McGill Residences: Royal Victoria College
1 year ago.
2009 Victoria College ADN Program Highlights
2 years ago
Related School News:
- County spelling bee champs to advance to regional competition - Victoria Advocate
posted on February 28, 2013 at 08:31:54 pm
Victoria AdvocateCounty spelling bee champs to advance to regional competitionVictoria AdvocateYes - the auditorium was all the buzz as the Victoria College auditorium filled ...
- College enrollment down from last fall - Victoria Advocate
posted on February 26, 2013 at 05:12:02 am
College enrollment down from last fallVictoria AdvocatePreliminary spring enrollment reports show an 82 student decrease from last fall and a 204 student ...
- Pirates Day at Victoria College planned - Victoria Advocate
posted on February 23, 2013 at 09:00:02 pm
Pirates Day at Victoria College plannedVictoria AdvocateFood, music and fun are on the agenda for Victoria College Pirates Day on Wednesday. Activities ...