- Navarro College serves 10,214 students (47% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 43:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Navarro College is the only community colleges within Navarro County, TX.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|240 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,214 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:43||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,829 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,385 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In Spring of 1946 a group of local citizens met to form a steering committee for the purpose of establishing a junior college in Navarro County. In a general election held July 16, 1946, voters approved the creation of Navarro Junior College and authorized a county tax to help finance the institution. In that same election voters chose a seven-member board of trustees to govern the College. The first students began classes in September, 1946.
- In 1951 the campus was moved to its present location, a 47 acre tract west of downtown Corsicana on State Highway 31. The campus has expanded to 103 acres with 23 buildings.
- Academic Programs are offered in Art, Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Behavioral Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science Education, English, Fine Arts, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Developmental Studies, Engineering, Physical Education, Physics and Speech.
- Career & Technical Programs includes Accounting, Ag Mechanization, Business Administration, Customer Service, Business Information Technology, Child Development, Computer Science, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Health Profession Certificate, Paralegal (Legal Assistant), Medical Lab Technology, Multimedia Technology, Associate Degree Nursing, Licensed Vocational Nursing, LVN-RN Bridge, Occupational Therapy Assistant and Paramedic.
- The college is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Harlem Shake - Navarro College Edition
2 months ago
Navarro College John Deere Tech Promo
5 months ago
Navarro College Prelims 2012
8 months ago
Related School News:
- YES! EXPO Taking Place May 14 - Freestone County Times - Freestonecountytimesonline
posted on May 8, 2013 at 08:23:39 pm
YES! EXPO Taking Place May 14 - Freestone County TimesFreestonecountytimesonline... colleges and universities including various AJ Moore Academies, Art Institute of ...
- Police memorial slated for Friday - Corsicana Daily Sun
posted on May 8, 2013 at 12:22:01 am
Police memorial slated for FridayCorsicana Daily SunThe Navarro County Sheriff's Office Color Guard will present the colors during the ceremony, and an ...
- San Jacinto College softball headed to Region XIV tournament - Your Houston News
posted on April 30, 2013 at 03:33:34 pm
San Jacinto College softball headed to Region XIV tournamentYour Houston NewsAll Region XIV tournament games will be played daily at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5:30 ...