- The Art Institute Of Houston serves 1,601 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- The Art Institute Of Houston is one of 24 community colleges within Harris County, TX.
- The nearest community college is ITT Technical Institute-Houston West (4.3 miles away).
The Art Institute Of Houston
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||Yes||YES|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||1,601 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||125||254|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||91%|
- The Art Institute of Houston is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Art Institutes, one of North America's leaders in postsecondary career-oriented education for the creative arts.
- The Art Institute of Houston trains students in Media Arts & Animation, Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Interactive Media Design, and Restaurant & Catering Management. From its founding in 1965 until joining The Art Institutes system of schools in 1978, The Art Institute of Houston was known as the Houston School of Commercial Art. In December 1990, the school moved to its current facility at 1900 Yorktown in the Galleria area.
- Baccalaureate and associate degrees are competency based, incorporating traditional liberal arts and hands-on instruction. Faculty use learning-centered methodology that prepares students for career entry in the design, visual and culinary arts fields as well as continued professional development.
- The Art Institute of Houston is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award Bachelor of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Winners Announced in Nationwide Fur-Free Fashion Competition - The Los Angeles Fashion (blog)
posted on December 14, 2012 at 04:37:08 pm
The Los Angeles Fashion (blog)Winners Announced in Nationwide Fur-Free Fashion CompetitionThe Los Angeles Fashion (blog)Cheryl Vick, a student in the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design at ...
- Art institute opens new S.A. site
posted on May 6, 2010 at 02:41:49 pm
Branch Campus of The Art Institute of ...
- Local Jackson Pollocks
posted on July 22, 2009 at 06:09:13 am
At the core of the curriculum at The Art ...