- Volunteer State Community College serves 7,501 students (58% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body.
- Volunteer State Community College is the only community colleges within Sumner County, TN.
- The nearest community college is Nashville Auto Diesel College Inc (18.0 miles away).
Volunteer State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|238 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,501 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:32||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,353 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,148 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-22||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-20||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||16-21||17-21|
- Volunteer State Community College is a public two-year community college in Gallatin, Tenn., serving a twelve-county region including the counties of Clay, Davidson, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Smith, Sumner, Trousdale and Wilson. The College is committed to the education of a non-racially identifiable student body.
- Volunteer State offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Transfer Degrees in more than 40 Areas of Emphasis. The college also offer the Associate of Applied Science Career Programs in the fields of Allied Health, Business, Math and Science, and Social Science and Education. Technical Certificates are offered in Allied Health and Business.
- Volunteer State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and holds membership in the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges, and the Southern Association of Junior Colleges and the Tennessee College Association.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Update: Daughter recalls Durham handwrote books in pencil - The Tennessean
posted on May 31, 2013 at 07:22:27 am
Update: Daughter recalls Durham handwrote books in pencilThe TennesseanCarol Bucy, professor of history at Volunteer State Community College, met Durham in the late 1980s ...
- Walter Thomas Durham - The Tennessean
posted on May 31, 2013 at 07:16:32 am
Walter Thomas DurhamThe TennesseanWalter had served as a member of the Monmouth College Senate and a trustee of Monmouth College in Monmouth, ...
- Scism named Danville Community College president - WDBJ7
posted on May 14, 2013 at 12:40:26 pm
Scism named Danville Community College presidentWDBJ7Scism has served as vice president of academic affairs at Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, Tenn., since 2008. Virginia Community College chancellor Glenn ...