- Jackson State Community College serves 5,375 students (52% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body.
- Jackson State Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Madison County, TN.
- The nearest community college is West Tennessee Business College (3.9 miles away).
Jackson State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|156 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,375 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,809 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,566 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-21||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-19||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||16-21||17-21|
- Jackson State Community College is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR), which was created in 1972 by the General Assembly as the governing body of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee.
- Quality, affordable, convenient education is offered to residents of 14 West Tennessee counties including Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Madison, McNairy and Weakley. JSCC has campuses in Madison, Henderson, and Hardin counties. In addition, in fall 2001 courses were offered at community-based teaching sites in Milan, Bolivar, Brownsville, Henderson, Jackson and Savannah.
- You can choose from 24 concentration areas to earn the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from the College/University Transfer program. Nearly one half of our students transfer on to four-year schools. Choose from 15 majors within Associate of Applied Science degree programs for students who want to enter the job market directly from Jackson State. In addition, three degrees are also available completely online through the Regents On-line Degree program: Associate of Applied Science in Professional Studies Concentration in Information Technology, Associate of Arts in General Studies (University Parallel), Associate of Science in General Studies (University Parallel). Technical Certificates are offered in Emergency Medical Technology Certificates and Manufacturing Technology Certificates. Career Advancement Certificates are also available in Manufacturing Technology and Electro-Mechanical Technology.
- Jackson State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Level 1 Associate degree. Career programs in the Health Sciences are accredited by agencies recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Jackson State Community College Mom spot
3 years ago
Jackson State Community College
4 years ago