- YTI Career Institute serves 1,807 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body.
- YTI Career Institute is one of 5 community colleges within York County, PA.
- The nearest community college is The Art Institutes of York-PA (0.0 miles away).
YTI Career Institute
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|119 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,807 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:15||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,807 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
- York Technical Institute, a technical school in Pennsylvania, is dedicated to providing high-quality career oriented educational programs. With computer training, chef training (culinary arts school), business, medical assistant, and much more. YTI is Pennsylvania's technology school offering hands-on learning, job placement assistance and financial aid assistance for those who qualify.
- York Technical Institute first opened its doors in 1967. We originally began as the American Institute of Drafting on Richland Avenue in York. Throughout the 1970's, the Drafting Program (now Computer Aided Drafting and Design) flourished.
- In 1981, the school moved to larger facilities on West King Street. 1984 brought the addition of the Electronics Technology program to YTI, and in 1985 yet another move to the former Springettsbury Township Elementary School on Whiteford Road in East York. These new facilities presented the school with the opportunity to expand program offerings to include Business curricula: Computerized Accounting and Travel/Tourism. Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology and Industrial Automation/Robotics Technology were added in 1992 and 1995, respectively. To accommodate YTI's burgeoning student body, the Institute built its own 60,000 square foot facility. York Technical Institute moved into its new home on Williams Road in July 1995.
- Shortly thereafter, the Business Department expanded with the inclusion of Computer Systems Specialist. In 1998, Motorcycle Technology, and Culinary Arts/ Restaurant Management were added. Pastry Arts was added in 2000. In 2002, YTI met the growing needs of the community by starting a Criminal Justice & First Response program. In 2003, YTI opened a branch campus in Lancaster, PA, which is home to YTI's culinary division, L' École de Cuisine. Also offered at the Lancaster Campus is YTI's new Medical Assistant programs.
- At YTI, students recieve top-quality training and education in the culinary arts in our industry relevant facilities at the Lancaster, Pennsylvania campus. We are committed to preparing our graduates with the skills, knowledge and passion it takes to become accomplished culinarians.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Engagement: Trisha Cohill and Derrick Nell - The Sentinel
posted on February 8, 2013 at 10:06:01 pm
Engagement: Trisha Cohill and Derrick NellThe SentinelShe graduated magna cum laude from the Honors College program. She currently works for Select ...
- Trade Talk: Susquehanna Bank hires vice president - Patriot-News (blog)
posted on February 8, 2013 at 06:17:39 pm
Trade Talk: Susquehanna Bank hires vice presidentPatriot-News (blog)Chris Kelly was promoted from medical assistant instructor to computer technology and internet ...
- Real Estate Transactions and Business Openings: YTI Career Institute-York ... - Patriot-News (blog)
posted on January 17, 2013 at 11:10:13 am
Real Estate Transactions and Business Openings: YTI Career Institute-York ...Patriot-News (blog)YTI Career Institute-York opened a 3,000-square-foot Vet Tech laboratory at ...
730 students | 0.0 mi. away
154 students | 5.0 mi. away
32 students | 15.2 mi. away
22862 students | 23.7 mi. away