- Newport Business Institute (Williamsport) serves 112 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body.
- Newport Business Institute (Williamsport) is one of 2 community colleges within Lycoming County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Pennsylvania College of Technology (0.4 miles away).
Newport Business Institute (Williamsport)
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|13 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||112 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:9||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||112 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration.
- Our Secretarial Science programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background.
- Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.