- Newport Business Institute (Lower Burrell) serves 81 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body.
- Newport Business Institute (Lower Burrell) is one of 6 community colleges within Westmoreland County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Career Training Academy (New Kensington) (1.8 miles away).
Newport Business Institute (Lower Burrell)
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|11 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||81 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:7||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||81 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- While at Newport Business Institute, students are able to choose from two specialized associate degree programs in Business Administration and Administrative Assistant. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Our Administrative Assistant programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills.
- The college offers degrees in Accounting, Microcomputer, Accounting/Microcomputer, iCarnegie Program, Travel & Hospitality Management, Management, Retail Management, Medical Management, Executive, Medical, Legal, Accounting and Travel. The college offers Diploma Programs in Medical Office Clerical, Office Clerical, Transcriptionist, Travel and Tourism, Accounting and Other.
- Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
97 students | 1.8 mi. away
7856 students | 15.8 mi. away
563 students | 16.1 mi. away
21228 students | 16.2 mi. away
4370 students | 21.3 mi. away