- Cuesta College serves 11,500 students (43% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body.
- Cuesta College is the only community colleges within San Luis Obispo County, CA.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|308 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,500 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,000 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,500 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Cuesta College makes lifelong learning happen. We enable students to achieve their academic, transfer, workforce preparation, career advancement, and personal goals. Building on our tradition of excellence, we serve our community by providing programs and services that produce students who can succeed in a diverse and rapidly changing society, participate effectively in their local communities, and live responsible and rewarding lives. As a learning college, we provide a supportive environment for students and employees, assess student and institutional outcomes, improve performance, forge strategic partnerships, and maximize opportunities for learning.
- Cuesta College is located at the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County, and is highly regarded throughout the state for its excellent educational programs, responsive student services and exceptional faculty and staff. In 1996 the college received a Silver Medal Eureka Award for Quality and Service Excellence.
- Most courses offered through Cuesta College's Distance Education program are fully accredited and transfer to other four year institutions. All courses are equivalent to the classroom-based version in course content, textbooks, required assignments and study time. The only difference is that the delivery method in a distance education course is different.
- The Cuesta College Foundation was incorporated in 1973 for the purpose of providing essential financial support for Cuesta College programs, services, scholarships, and capital needs.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Nick Sauer (Cuesta College Basketball)
8 months ago
Cuesta College Tournament Champions
1 year ago.
Cuesta College Basketball (Extended Version)
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Cuesta baseball falls to Canyons - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
posted on March 28, 2013 at 03:47:36 am
Cuesta baseball falls to CanyonsThe San Luis Obispo TribuneThe Cuesta College baseball team blew an early lead in a 10-3 loss to visiting College of the ...
- Cuesta softball team splits doubleheader with Hancock - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
posted on March 22, 2013 at 06:54:10 am
Cuesta softball team splits doubleheader with HancockThe San Luis Obispo TribuneThe Cuesta College softball team split a doubleheader with Hancock on Thursday, losing ...
- Grand slam helps Ventura edge Cuesta in baseball - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
posted on March 22, 2013 at 06:54:07 am
Grand slam helps Ventura edge Cuesta in baseballThe San Luis Obispo TribuneVentura third baseman Harrison Crawford hit a grand slam as part of a six-run sixth ...