- Dean Institute of Technology serves 170 students (78% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Dean Institute of Technology is one of 21 community colleges within Allegheny County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Bradford School (Pittsburgh) (1.7 miles away).
Dean Institute of Technology
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|16 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||170 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:11||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||132 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||38 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The Building Maintenance Course is designed to offer training in a combination of trades: Carpentry, Plumbing, Electricity, Painting, Welding, Air Conditioning and Heating Repair, and Masonry. The Electrical Technician course provides instruction in Blueprint reading, layout, assembly, installation, testing of electrical components, and Programmable Control. The Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology Program is designed to prepare the graduate with the basic skills required for employment in the fields of Domestic, Commercial, and Industrial Refrigeration as well as Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning as a service technician. In Welding course student learns to weld mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum. The student learns the skills required to pass the A.W.S. Welding Qualification Test.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
563 students | 1.7 mi. away
7856 students | 2.0 mi. away
21228 students | 2.8 mi. away
97 students | 17.0 mi. away
2974 students | 23.0 mi. away