- Treasure Valley Community College serves 2,767 students (52% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Treasure Valley Community College is the only community colleges within Malheur County, OR.
Treasure Valley Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|92 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,767 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,432 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,335 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Treasure Valley Community College was founded in the fall of 1962 as part of the Oregon Community College system. Classes were originally conducted at Ontario High School during the late afternoon and evening hours. The College celebrated its first graduation ceremony the following spring when students enrolled in the one-year Licensed Practical Nursing program completed their studies. Beginning with a solitary building, TVCC moved to its present location in the fall of 1965. Several other buildings were added during the next year and today the campus houses 13 major buildings.
- TVCC has five locations in Eastern Oregon, and one in Western Idaho. Our main campus, established in 1964, is in Ontario, Oregon. The college has outreach centers in Nyssa, Burns and Lakeview, Oregon, and a branch campus in Caldwell, Idaho.
- Treasure Valley Community College is located on a 90-acre campus near the center of Ontario, Oregon, a city of approximately 10,000 people. Campus buildings include residence halls, a professional-technical complex, a multi-purpose activities center, and a modern gymnasium. In addition, TVCC is the site of the Malheur County/Oregon State University Extension Service and Eastern Oregon University Outreach Center.
- The College is dedicated to high quality, up-to-date instruction; typically a low student/instructor ratio; effective low cost education; and a pleasant college atmosphere. TVCC continues to grow and change to meet the needs of both its students and the community it serves.
- Academic Programs and Departments includes Adult Education, Agriculture/Rodeo, Art, Athletics, BizCenter, Business, Building Construction Technologies at SRCI, Cisco Networking Academy, Community & Continuing Education, Computer Science, Division of Extended Learning, Drafting, English/Foreign Language, Library, Mathematics, Natural Resources, Nursing, Performing Arts, Science, Social Science, Welding, WINGS and Workforce Training & Education.
Related School Videos:
TV Cycle #22: Treasure Valley Community College
1 year ago.
Tyrell Timpson - TVCC Highlights
9 months ago
Related School News:
- COLLEGE BASEBALL: Chukars sweep T-Wolves in league openers - East Oregonian
posted on March 28, 2013 at 05:43:41 am
COLLEGE BASEBALL: Chukars sweep T-Wolves in league openersEast OregonianONTARIO ? Justin Lippert connected on his team's biggest hit of the season Wednesday ? ...
- Lady Vikings softball drops four games - Columbia Basin Herald
posted on March 25, 2013 at 11:12:03 pm
Lady Vikings softball drops four gamesColumbia Basin HeraldThe Lady Vikings are back on the diamond this weekend when BBCC travels to Blue Mountain ...
- CBC softball ready for East Region play - Mid Columbia Tri City Herald
posted on March 22, 2013 at 06:23:54 am
CBC softball ready for East Region playMid Columbia Tri City HeraldWalla Walla Community College Warriors (24-4): IF/RHP Kate Hawk, so., Connell; IF/OF ...