- Columbia College (Sonora) serves 3,404 students (31% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body.
- Columbia College (Sonora) is the only community colleges within Tuolumne County, CA.
Columbia College (Sonora)
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|85 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,404 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,039 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,365 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Located on 280 acres of forestland in California's historic Mother Lode, our college campus surrounds a peaceful 4½ acre lake and has been described as one of the state's most beautiful community colleges.
- The College actively promotes transformational learning through critical and creative thinking that is open to change and personal growth; civic, environmental, and global awareness and engagement; and individual and collective responsibility. At the heart of our mission is a desire to develop a zest for lifelong learning throughout the community, with the College serving as its educational and cultural center.
- Columbia College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The Career Center, located within the Manzanita Building adjacent to the Counseling area, offers materials and services to assist students with career information. The Center maintains a variety of resources including occupational publications, newsletters, college catalogs, and Eureka, a computerized vocational/educational information system.
- The Columbia College professional counseling staff provide essential academic advising, career counseling and life planning activities to continuing, new and returning students in order to enhance each students educational experience at Columbia.