- At Nossi College of Art, we are dedicated to preparing students for the vast and exciting business of visual communications. In addition to a traditional foundation in technical skills and courses, a Nossi graduate will also be prepped and ready to work with clients, skilled in professional-grade technology and equipped with real-world experience employers crave. Nossi is a small, private, professional college with a friendly atmosphere. Adjunct instructors are professional artists in Nashvilles creative community, allowing students to connect with artists in and out of the classroom.Even Nossi Vatandoost, our president and founder is a real artist. Forming these relationships gives our students insight into the creative industry that many art students will not see until after graduation - See more at: http://nossi.edu/about/#sthash.OAAS8YZ1.dpuf
|Nossi College of Art||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public institution||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||287 students||472 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||287 students||369 students|
|% Unknown races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.00||0.44|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||CMA EDU - Nossi College of Art, Kappa Pi - Eta Tau, Nashville Fashion Alliance, Nossi Veteran's Group CMA EDU - Nossi College of Art,
Kappa Pi - Eta Tau,
Nashville Fashion Alliance,
Nossi Veteran's Group,
- From graphic and web design to photography, motion graphics to 3D Animation, plus video and film career options, Nossi College of Art graduates have gone on to successful, professional careers in advertising, photography, computer graphics, video and film careers plus so much more. Nossi College of Art offers Associate and Bacehlor's degrees in the professional arts - Photography, Graphic Design, Interactive and Web Design, Video & Film and Illustration.
- We assist our students with financial aid for those who qualify and provide job placement assistance to all our graduates. With both day and night classes available year round our students are able to schedule classes around jobs and families.
- Students who enroll can expect to receive instruction in a variety of courses designed to teach and train individuals to be professional, commercial artists. Classes in advertising, graphic design, illustration, photography and videography teach students critical time saving techniques that enable them to ultimately produce work within deadlines and with the creative skill necessary in the industry. We also offer marketing, business and social media courses to better understand the business behind the methods.
- In Commercial Digital Photography, the curriculum includes experience in basic and advanced camera techniques, a strong emphasis on lighting and composition and understanding the changing digital world of photography and image creation. Sports, advertising, fashion, nature, digital retouching, basic and advanced Photoshop, are all combined to give the student the ability to seek entry-level positions in commercial art firms, advertising agencies, commercial photography studios as well as the ability to freelance.
- For the Bachelor of Graphic Arts programs, students are taught in-depth techniques in traditional and digital technologies including web design and 3D animation in addition to general education classes that include commercial writing, art history and mass communication. Graduates hit the employment streets with a powerful portfolio that commands attention from both employers and clients alike. More importantly, our faculty will arm you with the conceptual, strategic, and critical thinking skills that will separate you from your peers and create leaders in the industry.
- The Bachelors Degree in Videography at Nossi College of Art highlights an emerging trend in video, incorporating graphic elements like motion graphics to short-format film. Video professionals are now being asked to do more with advances in technology, like uploading content directly to the web and understanding how to use graphics within video. Nossis degree program concentrates on various aspects of video, while incorporating graphic design, to enhance a students skillset by deepening their understanding of the industry. In addition to fundamentals like writing, shooting, editing and directing, Nossi College also teaches design, marketing and business courses.
- College Location Mi. Students
1,782 students | 0.20 Mi1524 Gallatin Rd
Nashville,  TN  37206
319 students | 0.80 Mi1515 Gallatin Pike North
Madison,  TN  37115
304 students | 9.30 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
380 students | 10.40 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
369 students | 10.80 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217