Faulkner State Community College has an open-door admissions policy and is committed to the professional and cultural growth of each student without regard to race, color, gender, disability, religion, creed, national origin, or age. The College strives to provide an educational environment that promotes development and learning through a wide variety of educational programs and instructional strategies, adequate and comfortable facilities, a caring and well-qualified staff, flexible scheduling, and convenient locations. This effort is based upon the economic and social needs of the College service area.
The teacher population of 126 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|College||James H Faulkner State Community College||Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public institution||Public|
|Total Faculty||126 staff||61 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,094 students||1,296 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,549 students||810 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,545 students||1,036 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||
|% Two or more races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.44||0.53|
|In-State Tuition Fees||$4,200||$5,694|
|Out-State Tuition Fees||$7,530||$10,252|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||460||252|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||88%||89%|
Source: 2005 (latest year available) IPEDS
- Faulkner State Community College, a public two-year institution located in Baldwin County in southwest Alabama, has three campuses located in Bay Minette, Gulf Shores, and Fairhope.
- The Bay Minette campus is the administrative campus. The College which was one of the 13 original two-year colleges created by an act of the Alabama Legislature in 1963 is under the authority of the State Board of Education.
- Faulkner State is a member of the Alabama College System which is composed of the thirty-one public two year colleges and the one upper division college.
- Faulkner State Community College offers some courses over the Internet each semester. Internet classes are designated as such in the class schedules. You are encouraged to complete an Internet class orientation prior to the beginning of your first Internet class.
- The College is dedicated to the total development of the individual and provides many opportunities for student participation.
- Students bring to the campus a variety of interests as members of the academic community. They are encouraged to continue their interests in various campus clubs and organizations and to form new associations.
- College Location Mi. Students
3,803 students | 19.70 Mi351 North Broad Street
Mobile, AL 36603
762 students | 24.00 Mi3100 Cottage Hill Rd Bldg 3
Mobile, AL 36606
416 students | 24.50 Mi3725 Airport Blvd Suite 165
Mobile, AL 36608
117 students | 25.00 Mi3590 Pleasant Valley Rd
Mobile, AL 36609
469 students | 25.10 Mi828 Downtowner Loop W
Mobile, AL 36609
November 05, 2015
More and more, students are choosing to go to community college over traditional four-year universities but community colleges still have a bad reputation. Learn why in this informative article.
September 15, 2015
Short Term Commitment – Long Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
August 06, 2015
Recently, a measure passed that allows community colleges in California to offer 4 year degrees. Until now such offerings have been the sole province of other institutions. Now, the game has changed.