- Four-Year Degrees at Community College? Many Schools Now Say Yes
- Loans and Free Tuition for Community College Students
- Will Community College Tuition Increases Outpace Inflation Rates?
- Top 3 Reasons to Join a Debate Club to Benefit Your Career
- The Benefits of Earning Honors Credit at Your Community College
To help students enjoy weight loss success, community colleges have implemented unique and diverse programs to cater to individual dieting needs. For example, as Chron News reveals, Alvin Community College (ACC), located in Texas, now provides students with an innovative online weight loss class. Titled "Lose Weight and Keep it Off," the ACC course has been designed in cooperation with the world's largest resource and provider of online classes for adult students, ed2go. Through the expert guidance of Donna Acosta, ACC's registered dietician and nutrition instructor, all participants will learn about weight loss strategies, including:
- Sensible eating
- Simple habits of weight loss
- How to maintain weight loss results and keep the pounds off
Marathon teams are literally springing up at community college campuses across the country. For example, Highland Community College, located in Highland, Kansas, offers a highly competitive Highland Marathon Team for eligible students. In examining the Highland Women's team, runners were able to compete at the National Junior College Athletic Association Half Marathon Championships, where participants raced in a 13.1 mile event.