- Why More Students are Choosing Community Colleges over Traditional Four-Year Schools
- 8 Reasons Why Community College Might be the Best Choice After High School
- How Community Colleges are Outperforming 4 Year Universities
- Community Colleges vs. State Schools: Which One Results in Higher Salaries?
- Taking the Honors Track at Community College vs. a Regular Four-Year College Path
Based upon our prior calculations comparing a community college with a private four-year university, you could end up saving $80,000 by attending community college for two years first!
With more affordable prices overall, community college students often find they can foot the bill for their education without having to take on a significant amount of debt prior to graduation. Considering that many university students graduate with debt in the . . . read more
Changing Times or One-Time Blip?
Honors Programs at Two-Year Colleges Are Thriving
A recent article in the Washington Post reported that applications to community college honors programs are growing at a quicker rate than general applications, which are also on the rise. Honors programs of particular note include:
* The Montgomery Scholars program of Maryland's Montgomery College. This highly selective program, which is ten years old, has only 25 seats available and received a record 275 applications for Fall 2009, according to the Post.
* The Rouse . . . read more