- Why High School Students Should Take Community College Classes
- How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
- Studying Ghosts: Paranormal Investigation Courses at Community College
- Mastering Math: A Guide to Passing Your Community College Math Requirements
- Does Remedial Education Work for Community College Students?
As a result of the new law, more Iowa students began seizing the opportunity to get a leg up on their post-secondary education. According to the Des Moines Register, more than 38,200 high school students across the state earned community college credits before their high school graduation. Those numbers showed a 50 percent increase over a period of five years, according to the Iowa Department of Education. Students who received this credit ahead of time made up more than one-quarter of all the community college students in the state.
- Incarcerated individuals are much more likely to come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds than the general population
- Those in prison tend to be from racial and ethnic minorities to a higher degree than the population at large
- Many in prison today were either working