In this struggling economy, community college has become the go-to place for displaced workers looking for training in a new field and high school graduates who are unable to afford the skyrocketing tuition rates at four-year institutions. However, the path from enrollment to graduation is not always an easy one. We have tips to help incoming students get the most from their community college experience, so they can use it as an effective starting point for a successful and lucrative career.
First, find a readiness assessment online or through . . . read more
- Better proximity to college resources like the library and recreation center
- Exposure to international lifestyles that comes from living near fellow students from around the globe
- The ability to fully immerse oneself in the college experience by remaining in the environment after classes are finished for the day
- Ease of meeting other students and building relationships with those in a similar season of life
- Apartments or dormitories that are often fully furnished and affordable, providing an economic housing option to cash-strapped students