- How to Ensure Your Community College Credits Transfer to a 4 Year University
- Top 10 Most Community College Transfer-Friendly Universities
- Why 60% of Community College Students Never Transfer
- Transferring from Community College to a 4-year Institution
- 2+2 Programs Going Strong at Community Colleges Nationwide
Experts say the change is likely a result of an increased recognition of the value of a diverse student body, the pressure that some small colleges are feeling to bring in tuition-paying students during this economic downturn, and an awareness from college administrators that community college transfer students often bring a special set of strengths with them to four-year institutions.
In California, 60% of community college students who intended to transfer to four-year universities never meet their goal - which has led to the formation of a state task force charged with finding ways to improve the transfer rate, as reported by the Mercury News.